Azure Minimum Requirements

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 15:56

Azure Minimum Requirements

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-May-2012 00:00

We've got a site that will have a low number of hits (< 1,000 unique visitors a month) during the initial months. We're looking at deploying to Windows Azure and wondered if we can get away with an Extra Small instance?  The Azure support section in the docs do not outline the minimum requirements to be able to get minimum pricing with.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2012 00:00

I would also like to hear from someone that is running a few Sitefinity web sites on Azure.  I'm looking to make a switch from Amazon's EC2 because I've found that m1.small instance, which costs about $50 a month, does not have enough available processor power so it takes a really long time for the web sites to warm up.

Thanks,
Matt

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jul-2012 00:00

Hello,

@Colin
Yes you will be able to run Sitefinity in Extra Small instance. The requirements for Sitefinity in Azure are the same as the default System requirements which the Extra Small instance covers.

As Matt mention the Azure instance will really require a lot of time to warmup, but this is true even in the small and medium instances. Sitefinity is not incredibly fast in the cloud as the heavy backend operations that will be improved really very soon with the realse of Sitefinity 5.1 which improve the backend performance gradually, but the warmup of the application pool will not benefit much from it.

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Sep-2012 00:00

I have just deployed sitefnity 5.1 to azure vistual server using azure sql server.

It is so incredibly slow, that it boggles the mind. It actually takes 2 min between clicks in the admin section of the site. And i don't mean when it spins up.
I mean in actual use. It's already running and when i click on edit page or add content or anything it takes about 2 min and sometimes more.

Previously i have only ran sitefinity where the database was locally installed. So i have no comparison. But i am sure this can't be right.

Is there anything i can do to fix this? 

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi,

The instance where the site is deployed is not warmed up (the application pool haven`t cached the conent you will be working with). The warmup of the application pool  on Azure is slower so reload several backend views few times then with all cached it will be working similar to a dedicated server.
To warmup the instance I suggest opening several backend pages in Firefox where you can rignt click on a tab and select "reload all tabs" several times.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed