Sitefinity 5.1 and Azure WebSite

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 08:59

Sitefinity 5.1 and Azure WebSite

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jul-2012 00:00

Can Sitefinity be deployed on azure shared website instance?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jul-2012 00:00

Hello Andrew,

Sitefinity can be deployed to Azure, but you need to make sure to follow the instructions from our documentation:

www.sitefinity.com/.../deploying-sitefinity-projects-to-windows-azure

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi Victor

That's not really what i asked.

My question was about the "azure shared website instance".

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Aug-2012 00:00

An answer to that question would be great!

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2012 00:00

Sitefinity cannot run on the new Azure Website instance, it will need to be a Azure Cloud Service with the WebRole since Sitefinity is truely and ASP.NET Webforms app and was not started as a native Azure Website. 

Migrated Sitefinity with the new Azure Portal over the weekend, figured I document it in detail, here you go  http://blog.longle.net/2012/08/09/migrating-teleriks-sitefinity-cms-to-windows-azure/ 

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Sep-2012 00:00

Long,

I tried following your instructions but at the very end when trying to publish sitefinity i get an out of memory error.

I have attached an image to this.

Any chance you know what that is?

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello,

The "out of memory exception" is thrown locally for your computer as it ran out of memory possible because of running more application than the available memory on the computer.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Mar-2013 00:00

Is there an update on this tpoic?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jul-2013 00:00

Please negate my previous response, was able to deploy and get Sitefinity working with Azure  Websites.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi Long,
Even I'm trying to deploy a Sitefinity website to a Windows Azure Website. Can you list the steps you took to carry out the procedure?

This thread is closed