Sitefinity 5.0 with Azure 1.7 SDK

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 23:42

Sitefinity 5.0 with Azure 1.7 SDK

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2012 00:00

I'm upgrading my Sitefinity 4.4 deployment to sitefinity 5.0 (as an interim to 5.1). In the process of testing it for deployment to windows azure, I get the following error:
Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient, Version=1.1.0.0
Only problem is, I'm not using storage client 1.1, I'm using the 1.7 SDK. The exception is thrown in the Telerik.Sitefinity.Cloud.WindowsAzure.AzureDiagnostics.Initialize.
I've removed all of the Azure SDK references and re-added them to the project and am still getting this stale reference. It appears to be that the Telerik.Sitefinity libraries are taking a "specific version" reference to the Azure SDK.

Because of this error, I cannot update my deployment to 5.0

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi,

I have encountered similar problem when the Azure SDK was not updating the Microsoft.Windows.Azure.ServiceClient and Microsoft.Windows.Azure.StorageClient assembly to the latest version in GAC.
Before building the deployment package go to C:\Windows\assembly and make sure Microsoft.Windows.Azure.ServiceClient/StorageClient is version 1.7.0.0 . If the version is 1.1.0.0 the Azure SDK haven`t updated the assemblies in GAC so uninstall the SDK, reinstall it again and restart the computer this will update the assemblies in GAC. After this build the Azure deployment package and the updated assemblies will be part of it.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed