Sitefinity Website Project Precompile Issue

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 22:19

Sitefinity Website Project Precompile Issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Aug-2012 00:00

I have a Sitefinity Website project,with additional supporting projects ,MultipleImageSelectorField and ThumbnailSelectorField.These two project's Dlls are added to the reference for my sitefinity project.After  Precompile the Sitefinity Project, and publish it to the IIS Server.
When using the Multiple and thumbnail Image selector field controls,throws an "
HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found." error.  I found that ,the cause of error was ,the Image selector's ascx files are not present in the precompiled files in IIS Server.The two image selectors are in the DLL format in IIS server.So the files are  not found error occurs.
Is there any way to add the (Image selector's) ascx or aspx files with the Precompiled folder,When publish or build the Sitefinity Website project?

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2014 00:00

I'd love to know the answer to this one... Trying to do this and getting the same problem...

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2014 00:00

Hi guys,

I can conclude you are using the Thumbnail Selector from this Blog Post. The most probable reason for the behavior you are experiencing is the fact that you have not marked your .js, .ascx files as an Embedded resource as specifically stated in the post. Here is some further information on the sample that elaborates on the embedded resources specifically. 

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed