Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: Login failed for use

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 23:44

Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: Login failed for user 'IIS APPPOOL\ASP.NET 4.0'.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2012 00:00

[SQLException: Login failed for user 'IIS APPPOOL\ASP.NET 4.0'.]
   Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.DBDriver.connect(ConnectionString connectionString, IDictionary driverProps, ConnectionPoolType poolType, LogEventStore pes) +684
   OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.sql.SqlDriver.InitializeFor(ConnectionString connectionString, Boolean noConnect, PropertySet props, DBDriver& driver, Connection& conn, ConnectionPoolType poolType) +273

I have granted modify permission to user 'IIS APPPOOL\ASP.NET 4.0'. What is wrong with this? Thanks a lot!!

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2012 00:00

Hello,

This user doesn't belong a SQL Server role that has permissions to create/read your database. You need to add a login to SQL Server for IIS APPPOOL\ASP.NET v4.0 and grant permissions to the database you want to use. If you are installing Sitefinity you need CREATE DATABASE permission.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Aug-2012 00:00

Yes. That solves problem. Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello,
I have faced this issue in windows 7, pop up me error "Login failed for user IIS apppool default apppool" then I start look into IIS application, 
1. I check "Identity" under process model in "Advance Settings" and change in account to "Local system" then it works fine me. 

I suggest to check following link  www.technologycrowds.com/.../login-failed-for-user-iis.html solve error Login failed for user IIS apppool default apppool

This thread is closed