Azure SQL working really slow

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 06:55

Azure SQL working really slow

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Sep-2012 00:00

I have created a azure virtual machine (server 2012) and azure sql database.
But once i have deployed a virtually empty sitefinity site on to it, it works incredibly slow.
I mean about 3 min wait for the first page and then 5 seconds to change pages.

has anyone tried doing this? and what could be the cause here? 

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi,

I suppose you are using the Azure emulators from azure SDK to test the cloud environment, I have also tested with them, however they don`t give the perspective of the actual cloud.
Regarding sitefinity in Azure the startup is slow, one because the sitefintiy application initializes slowly because of preluding some of its resources (this will be no more from sitefinity 6.0 and the start will be much faster) and second running in the cloud virtual machines is slower than running standard asp.net application.

Regarding the page load times once a page is cached on the application pool of the virtual machine where the site is running it is retrieved almost as fast as on dedicated server.

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed