Visual Studio Publish

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 19:33

Visual Studio Publish

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Sep-2012 00:00

I've been trying to deploy sitefinity projects using visual studio's publish feature but upon moving the files I'm asked to re-upload my licence key even though its on the server and modules such as forms and e-commerce are turned off. Should I not be using VS publish to move my files over? How does everyone else deploy? I don't really want to include project files and all that jazz on the live server.

Thanks,

-Ben

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Sep-2012 00:00

Hello,

If the license is there you should see all modules unless you are under cloud environment and the key( or the project) is not replicated on the other servers. The VS Publish feature allows you to create a package which is stored in a zip( by default under obj/debug folder of the project). Are there issues using this package? Have you find difference between files generated in the package and files you have on the live server when you see all modules or the problem is only related to the license file?

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2012 00:00

Hey, we publish using Visual Studio with no problem.

The step you're missing is after adding the license, it copies a file to "App_Data\Sitefinity\Sitefinity.lic"
Make sure to right click in Visual Studio and "Include In Project".
You also have to set the "Build Action" for the file to "Content".

By doing these steps, a "Publish" will also copy the Sitefinity license to the output location, and you'll have no other troubles.

Just beware that during development, Sitefinity also likes to randomly add "Config" files (and some other files in the "App_Data" folder) into "App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration" that you must then include in project as well.

This thread is closed