Get 404 File or directory not found in admin after deploymen

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 18:26

Get 404 File or directory not found in admin after deployment

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2013 00:00

When using sitefinity with the project manager I am able to use the administration area and all it's functionality perfectly but when I try to hit the administration from the production url I get a "404 File or directory not found" alert message on the Pages, Advanced Settings and Modules areas within the administration. I am not sure why this is happening and can't find anything in the forum or docs about it. Looking for some guidance. 

this instance is using the community edition

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi,

The most likely cause for this issue is a problem with services as a result of the IIS configuration. Please, ensure that your IIS is configured according to this article:Configuring the IIS to host Sitefinity projects. In addition to that, ensure that Network Service has the appropriate permissions over all  the folders and files of your project.

I am also attaching the required features that need to be enabled.

Also, when you open the Chrome developers tool tab, is there a 404 status for any of the services? 

Greetings,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed