Community license problem

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 11:14

Community license problem

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2013 00:00

Hello,

I've recently setup one of my websites using Sitefinity, and have licensed it with a community license.  When generating the license I put in the root domain name (ie example.com), assuming that would cover people accessing via either example.com or www.example.com

That doesn't appear to be the case though.  If I reload www.example.com enough (usually between 10 and 20 times) I see a page indicating I'm using a trial version of Sitefinity.  That kind of sucks, but I thought oh well, I'll just go activate a license for www.example.com and hope nobody leaves off the www. like I tend to do.

But when I tried to create a license for www.example.com, it just generated a second license for example.com!

So is a license for example.com supposed to cover www.example.com?  If so, it doesn't appear to be.  This is using 6.0 4100

Thanks,
Rick

Rick,

Starting with version 6, you have to have all domains and subdomains explicitly added to the license. Shoot an email off to sales@sitefinity.com and ask them to add www; that should take care of the issue. Keep in mind, you'll need to download and reapply it after sales does their thing though.

Ahh, I read about that new requirement but assumed it would only apply to non-standard subdomains (ie dev.example.com or something like that).

Thanks!

This thread is closed