Site's migration from server 2008/sql server 2008 to ser

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 16:21

Site's migration from server 2008/sql server 2008 to server 2012/sql server express 2012

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Sep-2013 00:00

Hello, is there a step-by-step manuals for migrating a website from server 2008/sql server 2008 environment to server 2012/sql server express 2012? I have been following the video on this page www.sitefinity.com/.../deployment.

Here is what I did: I put the site
into the wwwroot directory. I restored the database in SQL Server
express 2012. I ran the site in VS 2102. I all worked.

Then I configured the site in IIS, following EXACTLY this instructions
(from
www.sitefinity.com/.../configuring-the-iis-to-host-sitefinity-projects):

Install ASP.NET 4.5.Open your Control Panel and click Programs and Features » Turn Windows features on or off.Turn on Internet Information Services.Under Internet Information Services, turn on the following features:
Web Management Tools » IIS Management Console, IIS Management Scripts and Tools, and Management Service.Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 Features » Windows Communication Foundation HTTP Activation.
After you have created your website, open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manger.Expand your server node.Expand Sites node and click your website.In section IIS on the right, double-click Authentication.Perform one of the following:
If you are using Forms authentication, make sure Anonymous Authentication and Forms Authentication are enabled and all other authentications are disabled.If you are using Claims-based authentication, make sure only Anonymous Authentication is enabled and all other authentications are disabled.
Click your website again and in IIS section, double-click Handler Mappings.In the right pane click Add Managed Handler… and register the following managed handlers:
*.svc

In Request path, enter *.svcIn Type input field, enter System.ServiceModel.Activation.ServiceHttpHandlerFactory,
System.ServiceModel.Activation, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35Click Request Restrictions.On Mappings tab deselect Invoke Handler if request is mapped to.On Verbs tab, select All verbs.On Access tab, select Script.
*.xamlx

In Request path, enter *.xamlxIn Type input field, enter System.Xaml.Hosting.XamlHttpHandlerFactory,
System.Xaml.Hosting, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35Click Request Restrictions.On Mappings tab deselect Invoke Handler if request is mapped to.On Verbs tab, enter GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG.On Access tab, select Script.

In the right pane click Add Script Map… and register the following script maps:

*.svc

In Request path, enter *.svcIn Executable input field, enter C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dllClick Request Restrictions.On Mappings tab deselect Invoke Handler if request is mapped to.On Verbs tab, select All verbs.On Access tab, select Script.
*.svc
In Request path, enter *.svcIn Executable input field, enter C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dllClick Request Restrictions.On Mappings tab deselect Invoke Handler if request is mapped to.On Verbs tab, select All verbs.On Access tab, select Script.
*.xamlx
In Request path, enter *.xamlxIn Executable input field, enter C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dllClick Request Restrictions.On Mappings tab deselect Invoke Handler if request is mapped to.On Verbs tab, enter GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG.On Access tab, select Script.
*.xamlx
In Request path, enter *.xamlxIn Executable input field, enter C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dllClick Request Restrictions.On Mappings tab deselect Invoke Handler if request is mapped to.On Verbs tab, enter GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG.On Access tab, select Script.

Close the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manger.

Next I made sure that I have this set up:

You must set the following MIME types in the server configuration:

Extension
MIME Type 

.xaml
application/xaml+xml
.xap
application/x-silverlight-app
.xbap
application/x-ms-xbap

Then I followed this instructions:
www.sitefinity.com/.../running-a-project-on-iis-7-0-or-iis-7-5

Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
In the left pane, expand your server’s node and in the context menu of Sites node, select Add Web Site…

Add Web Site window appears.
In Site name, enter a name for the website.
If you have a dedicated application pool for this website, click Select… button and select it from the Application pool dropdown box. Otherwise, for each website, you are adding, IIS creates a corresponding Application pool.
In Physical path, click … button and browse to select inetpub\wwwroot\<your project name> folder, where you have chosen to locate your project files.
In Binding section,
if you have a dedicated IP address for the website, select it. If you
have multiple websites sharing the same IP address, enter the host name
of your website.
Click OK.

The Add Web Site window closes.
In the left pane, click Application Pools node.
Select the application pool of your website and in the right pane, click Basic Settings…
In .NET Framework version dropdown box, select .NET Framework v4.0.30319.

If there is such entry, you must install .NET Framework 4.0.
In Managed pipeline mode dropdown, select Integrated.
Click OK.
Since Sitefinity configurations are stored in the App_Data folder, the Application pool must have write permissions to this location. To grant such permissions, perform the following:
Open folder inetpub\wwwroot\<your project name>.Open the context menu of App_Data folder and click Properties.On tab Security, click Edit… » Add…In From this location, select your server.Enter the object name using the following naming convention: IIS APPPOOL\<Application pool name>.Click OK.Grant permission to modify the App_Data folder, by selecting Allow checkbox of Modify permission.Click OK » OK.

The site does not run in IIS. What should I do next to make it run?

This thread is closed