How to deploy custom user profile fields?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 22:50

How to deploy custom user profile fields?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2013 00:00

Let's say I am not going to deploy the dev/stg database to prod.

In dev, I create a new custom profile field in "Basic profile" called "Organization" through the browser. That updated the ContentViewConfig.config file in App_Data.

In prod, I create a new Sitefinity site, and then deploy my source code. I also deploy ContentViewConfig.config file.

Unfortunately, doing so will not bring back the "Organization" field in Administration | Users | Manage Profile types | Basic profile. Hence my question about how to go about deploying custom user profile fields.

Thanks.
Michael

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi,

In Sitefinity 4.x/5.x/6.x configurations and database are closely related and basically you need to have entire App_Data and the database of the project to be able to use the custom fields created in the development environment. The information for the user profile files is saved in the ContentViewConfig.config and in the database. I would suggest you to review the following documentation:

www.sitefinity.com/.../creating-a-new-custom-field

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2013 00:00

Thanks Stefani.

Regards,
Michael

This thread is closed