SiteSync From CommandLine / PowerShell / API call?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 19:50

SiteSync From CommandLine / PowerShell / API call?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Mar-2014 00:00

Is there a way to kick off SiteSync programmatically? Instead of going into the domain.com/.../Synchronization page?

Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2014 00:00

bump, I'm in the need for this, if anybody has any information, it would be appreciated.

I found this

Sitefinity/services/sitesync/SiteSyncService.svc/help

...so I'll try it and report...

This is supposedly in the 7.x version of Sitefinity (per support).

Posted by Community Admin on 07-May-2014 00:00

Hi,

Public SiteSync API has not been fully developed and so for the time being we do not have any documentation on it. However there are some ways you can take advantage of the already available implementations. Please find the attached archive that consists of an excerpt with an example on how you can trigger syncing through API. Please note this is still work in progress and it might be changed in future. I would also suggest to test this on a safe environment.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2014 00:00

Chris, did you ever accomplish this ?

I got the same document that is posted here but that does not work.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2014 00:00

No, we gave up on this since there isn't anything fully baked.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Sep-2014 00:00

Anyone knows if this is doable in 7.2 ?

it is not doable in 7.1, but I have my SyncHacker.cs class that I want to move off of.

Basically I want to be able to kick a sync when certain user publishes any page (I have my SyncHacker class working, hooked up within the xaml workflow.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2015 00:00

I would love to have this feature as well. Anyone had any success?

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Apr-2015 00:00

Hello,

To stop a synchornization you need to work with the SchedulingManager, get the synchronization task and delete it. To get a SiteSyncTask use the code below:

var schMan = SchedulingManager.GetManager();
var task = schMan.GetTaskData().Where(t => t.TaskName == "Telerik.Sitefinity.SiteSync.SiteSyncTask").SingleOrDefault();

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed