Error after deploying dev to production

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 19:26

Error after deploying dev to production

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2014 00:00

I am currently testing Sitefinity 7 and I am trying to deploy sitefinity project but running to many different errors and I I am stuck on this one error. Currently 2 sitefinity sites are running in IIS on my local machine: one dev and one prod. I have created a custom page template, a custom MVC widget, and few sample pages.

To deploy this, I published the web site from VS2013 to File System then move the folder to the deployment folder. I have changed the connection string on DataConfig so it points to the production database and corrected the problem ProjectConfig where it had the wrong projectName attribute.

After changing all that I recycled the AppPool and got this error 

[KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.]
   System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) +14634175
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.TypeConverters.TypeResolutionService.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +1405
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Ecommerce.EcommerceModule.RegisterProductType(SitefinityTypeRegistry registry, ProductType productType) +56
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Ecommerce.EcommerceModule.RegisterTypes(SitefinityTypeRegistry registry) +940
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SitefinityTypeRegistry.Initialize() +83
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SitefinityTypeRegistry.EnsureInitialized() +97
   Telerik.Sitefinity.SiteSync.SyncingManager.RegisterType(String type, SiteSyncTypeKind typeKind, IEnumerable`1 dependencyTypes) +129
   Telerik.Sitefinity.SiteSync.SyncingManager..ctor() +276
   Telerik.Sitefinity.SiteSync.SiteSyncModule.RegisterTypes(IUnityContainer container) +32
   Telerik.Sitefinity.SiteSync.SiteSyncModule.Initialize(ModuleSettings settings) +90
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemManager.InitializeModule(ModuleSettings settings, InstallContext installContext, Nullable`1 start, Boolean skipLoading) +1055
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemManager.Initialize() +1408
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.RegisterRoutes() +761
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.Bootstrap() +528
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication context) +159
   System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +530
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +304
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +404
   System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +475

[HttpException (0x80004005): The given key was not present in the dictionary.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +12966756
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +159
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +12806561

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Johan

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello Johan,

The proper way of deploying a Sitefinity site to IIS is described in our Documentation. The site does not need to be published via Visual Studio. 

Additionally here is some information about how to push your solution to production. You can also view this video for further reference.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed