Version number in AssemblyInfo

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 08:05

Version number in AssemblyInfo

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Oct-2014 00:00

For our deployment procedures we are used to change the Assemblyversion and AssemblyFileVersion in the AssemblyInfo of our web applications. The Sitefinity web application however has the same version as the used Sitefinity installation (7.2.5310.0). 

I've changed the version number in my development which gave no problems as far as I can tell.

Does Sitefinity make use of this Version? Is it ok to change the version number in our deployment process?

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Oct-2014 00:00

Hello Mark,

Sitefinity will need to use the major, minor and build values (7.2.5301 for example) as these are used to verify the versions used by the providers, these should not be modified as it will cause errors, although the revision value is currently not used and can be used (7.2.5301.1).  

In some development cases, the AssemblyFileVersion is the value that is frequently changed as the framework does not use this value for anything other than display it in Windows Explorer, whereas the AssemblyVersion is used during runtime. You can see more information on this topic in the following article.

I hope this information helps, please inform us if you require additional assistance.

Regards,
Angel Moret
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed