Sitefinity Site along with the project site deployment

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 09:37

Sitefinity Site along with the project site deployment

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2015 00:00

I have sitefinity license and site in one server, I need to replicate the same setup in another server. I was able to setup and host the frontend website successfully,  but couldn't setup the sitefinity subsite (Administrative module) which located in the same file structure.

Can you please advise me how to setup that administrative site ?

Do I need to install the sitefinity in the server ?

This might be very simple question, but I'm new to sitefinity, please comment on this if you know the solution.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jan-2015 00:00

Hi Yasith,

Can you please navigate to yourdomain/Sitefinity. The Sitefinity backend login page should appear where you can enter backend credentials and login to the Sitefinity backend. Can you please try this and let me know about the result?

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jan-2015 00:00

No it is not displaying, do I need to setup the https protocol (Port 443) in IIS ? Currently I have hosted the site only with Port 80.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2015 00:00

I was able to resolve my issue by configuring the port 443 with self signed certificate installation. Initially I wanted to remove the https protocol since I'm configuring the site for UAT environment.

Thanks for the support

Hi Yasith,

I am glad to hear that you have managed to resolve the issue and thank you for sharing your solution with the community. This information may be helpful to other clients experiencing the same issue.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi,

I'm facing a new issue now. I cannot deploy any custom widgets and I cannot create a new page in the newly deployed environment. I'm getting an error saying 

IIS 7.5 Detailed Error - 404.6 - Not Found

Can you please help me to resolve this issue ? 

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2015 00:00

Hi All,

I'm facing the same issue. I'm getting an error saying IIS 7.5 Detailed Error - 404.6 - Not Found when i am creating a new Page. Can anybody help me to resolve this issue asap? Appreciate the earliest response on this. Thank you

Regards

-Manish

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2015 00:00

Hi,

The issue might be related to your environment settings. Can you please make sure that you have configured IIS properly to host Sitefinity projects. Please refer to the following articles and make sure that your environment is configured properly:

Configure the IIS to host Sitefinity projects
Run projects on IIS 7.0 and above

In this article you can download and execute the PowerShell script (depending on the IIS version) in order to make sure that all the needed Windows features are turned on your production server and IIS is configured properly to host Sitefinity projects. Then please test the behavior again and let me know about the result.

You may also refer to the following KB article which may also help you to fix the issue you are experiencing when creating pages:

Pages cannot be published after installation

The issue also might be caused after you have configured the site to run under https. Can you please take a look at the following article for more details on how you can configure your website to require SSL and run under https:// protocol. 

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

This thread is closed