Precompilation with aspnet_compiler

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 13:12

Precompilation with aspnet_compiler

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Feb-2015 00:00

Hi All,

I've been trying to use aspnet_compiler to pre-compile my asp.net site in order to avoid or minimize running csc.exe after an application pool recycle. However after running the compiler recycling the app pool still causes a tonne of csc.exe processes to be kicked off and the server to grind to a halt until compilation is complete. In addition to this, I get a 404 when trying to visit any page on the site.

The command I'm running to compile the site is: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_compiler.exe -p "E:\webRoot\application" -v //localhost/application E:\webRoot\application

I've scoured the internet for an answer to this but I haven't managed to turn up much. As the application uses Sitefinity I was wondering if there are any Sitefinity related issues affecting the pre-compilation of a site?

Any information would be hugely appreciated as our site is currently experiencing severe performance issues whenever an app pool is recycled.

Thanks a lot!

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2015 00:00

Hello Max,

We have already answered you in the support thread. Please, continue the communication there. You are free to share any information you find useful with the community.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed