Supported Azure SDK Versions

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 16:50

Supported Azure SDK Versions

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Apr-2015 00:00

I have paid a lot for Sitefinity over the years, so expect enterprise grade support, especially on the cloud side.  To me, that means that Sitefinity support the latest Azure SDK version within 2 months of its release.  docs.sitefinity.com/reference-windows-azure-sdk-supported-versions

It is crazy that Sitefinity 8 is still stuck at Azure SDK 2.2.  I'd rather you delay the release 2 weeks to fix it to the latest than stay mired in the past -- 2.2 is THREE VERSIONS OLD!  This creates real configuration management headaches for me, since I do a lot of web service cloud development, and need to use the latest SDK 2.5.1.  That means I need to have a full Windows VM with Visual Studio set to the old SDK version in order to deploy my Azure project.

In addition, I've successfully installed to Azure in the past, but after 2+ days, still hit errors doing either the manual or Thunder deployment methods from docs.sitefinity.com/deploy-projects-to-windows-azure .  Please update your install directions and provide more up to date guidance to fully exploit the cloud resources.  For example, should local storage still only be 1024?  What about instance size recommendations?  All that should be right there in the deployment pages.

I suggest Sitefinity developers start with a fresh Azure setup & the latest Visual Studio 2013 SP 4, and do a clean install both with Thunder and manually.  Ideally, there would be a button in the project manager that would automatically edit the .csproj file to set the 'copy local' references, for example -- that takes lots of time -- and the instructions reference assemblies that are no longer there.  And there are a bunch of compile warnings for incorrect version references...  ACK!

Fix please ASAP.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Apr-2015 00:00

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your feedback on that topic.

There is Feature request logged in our Feedback portal where you can vote for it.

Regarding the automated upload of the project to Azure you can try the following PowerShell scripts:
Sitefinity Azure PowerShell Deployment Scripts.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-May-2015 00:00

I don't use Azure, but it seems like a no-brainer that the latest SDK should be supported. It's not a feature, it's regular product maintenance. There should be no need to vote for such a thing.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jul-2015 00:00

Thanks Arno, absolutely agree.  If the SDK came out more than 6 weeks before the release of a new Sitefinity version, then it should be supported.  Cloud interfaces change fast and you want the latest on your site.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jul-2015 00:00

Hi Brian,

The Azure SDK is planed to be upgraded to version 2.6 in the next release 8.1 that will be released later this month.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed