Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 10:43

How to get dynamic content by culture in multisite

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Aug-2015 00:00

I have two site are Singapore site and China site,
Inside Singapore have only English language
Inside China have two language are English and Chinese
Two site using a default module is "Executive",
I add 4 item inside Executive module of Singapore site which are  "a, b, c, d", Then i go to China Site, i add Chinese culture for two item are "a,b"
this is my code using to get all item Executive by Culture to show China Site, 

var executiveData = DynamicModuleManager.GetManager().GetDataItems(executiveStaffType).Where(h => h.Status == ContentLifecycleStatus.Live && h.Visible && h.ApprovalWorkflowState == "Published")
                .AsEnumerable().Where(p => p.PublishedTranslations.Contains(CurrentCulture));

I see on front-end China Site show only two item "a,b" with English culture mode, 
please help me show 4 item with English mode, and show 2 item in Chinese mode
Note: when i debug i see with item c,d don't have any item inside PublishedTranslations property , so they can't show with above query

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Aug-2015 00:00

Hi,

This is caused because you filter the items by culture. You are only getting the items that have a published translation in the current culture. You can get all the items by removing the extra filter like so:

var executiveData = DynamicModuleManager.GetManager().GetDataItems(executiveStaffType).Where(h => h.Status == ContentLifecycleStatus.Live && h.Visible && h.ApprovalWorkflowState == "Published")
                .AsEnumerable();

Regards,
Velizar Bishurov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2016 00:00

I've added something like this to filter them.

return _manager
                        .GetDataItems(Resolve(type))
                        .Where(live) //always get the live ones
                        .AsEnumerable()
                        .Where(x =>

bool filterCulture = true;
                            if (!Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture.Name.Equals("en"))

filterCulture = x.PublishedTranslations.Any(p => p.ToLower().Equals(Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture.Name.ToLower()));

return filterCulture;

).AsQueryable();

This thread is closed