Initialization Failed: Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 22:40

Initialization Failed: Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime.RoleEnvironment threw an exception.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Dec-2015 00:00

I am using Visual Studio 2015, with Azure SDK 2.7. Using the instructions here (docs.sitefinity.com/publish-your-project-to-azure-web-apps), I keep receiving the following error after the deployment:

"The type initializer for 'Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime.RoleEnvironment' threw an exception. "

Any help is appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2015 00:00

Anyone? I'm kinda' dead in the water here with this deployment. Can I get some help, or do I have to tell the client that we have to take another approach for a CMS?

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Dec-2015 00:00

Hi,

Currently Sitefinity does not support Azure SDK 2.7.

As stated in our documentation article you must use Azure SDK 2.6: http://docs.sitefinity.com/reference-windows-azure-sdk-supported-versions

Regards,
Velizar Bishurov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2016 00:00

I was able to add a redirect to the web.config and it worked with SDK 2.7

<dependentAssembly>
       <assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35"/>
       <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2.6.0.0" newVersion="2.7.0.0"/>
     </dependentAssembly>

Hope this helps someone else.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2016 00:00

Hi,

Please note that while this may appear to be working it is not officially tested and therefor is not supported at the moment. You should test the functionality of the site thoroughly with this in place.  

Regards,
Velizar Bishurov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed