Error, deploying project to azure web app

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 13:25

Error, deploying project to azure web app

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2016 00:00

I have followed the instructions from the link below to deploy my project to azure.

docs.sitefinity.com/publish-your-project-to-azure-web-apps

But am getting the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime, Version=2.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I have the correct SDK installed. (2.6.0), I have also managed to successfully deploy the same project to an azure virtual machine as a first test.

Is there something else I need to do?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Mar-2016 00:00

Almost a month and no reaction from the Sityefinity team.

That is very disappointing considering how much Sitefinity costs.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2016 00:00

Hello Andrew,

In case the provided solutions above do not helped, I would recommend you to open a support ticket where to inspect your project more detailed.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2016 00:00

What solution are you referring to?

I don't see anything here.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Mar-2016 00:00

Hi Andrew,

it is strange. I am posting it again:

We were unable to reproduce the exception on our end. Can you try to upload your website using the powershell scripts located at our GitHub repository.  You can find more information about it on our documentation page: docs.sitefinity.com/deploy-projects-using-powershell-scripts

If you still experience the same issue, can you try to add a binding redirect in your web.config for the WindowsAzure.Service.Runtime assembly like this:

<dependentAssembly>
   <assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime" culture="neutral"publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
   <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2.6.0.0" newVersion="2.6.0.0" />
</dependentAssembly>

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Mar-2016 00:00

I ran into this.

I FTP'd into Azure and noticed that the Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime was missing from my BIN folder so I FTp'd that in.

Next I got an error about Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime.RoleEnvironment throwing an exception.

I then found this: www.sitefinity.com/.../error-when-deploy-on-azure-using-github-powershell-scripts

I noticed that the msshrtmi.dll was also missing from the BIN folder so I FTP'd that in out of the Azure SDK directory.

This thread is closed