deployment problem - widget designers not showing

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 00:05

deployment problem - widget designers not showing

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2016 00:00

I've deployed a Sitefinity site onto a test environment with some new MVC widgets.  For some reason the designers of the widgets aren't showing - Sitefinity is just showing "ControlCacheLevel" etc.

When I point my localhost to the same database everything works fine so I'm pretty sure it's not data related.  The view and script files are all in the MVC folder.  Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2016 00:00

Further info - I looked into Event Viewer and can see the following unhandled exception happens:

(also, i do have using
Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend.Mvc.Infrastructure.Controllers.Attributes;
and [assembly: ControllerContainer] in AssemblyInfo.cs)

Exception information:
    Exception type: InvalidOperationException
    Exception message: The partial view 'DesignerView.Default' was not found or no view engine supports the searched locations. The following locations were searched:
~/Views/Designer/DesignerView.Default.aspx
~/Views/Designer/DesignerView.Default.ascx
~/Views/Shared/DesignerView.Default.aspx
~/Views/Shared/DesignerView.Default.ascx
~/Frontend-Assembly/SitefinityWebApp/Mvc/Views/ArticleGroup/DesignerView.Default.aspx
~/Frontend-Assembly/SitefinityWebApp/Mvc/Views/ArticleGroup/DesignerView.Default.ascx
~/Frontend-Assembly/SitefinityWebApp/Mvc/Views/Shared/DesignerView.Default.aspx
~/Frontend-Assembly/SitefinityWebApp/Mvc/Views/Shared/DesignerView.Default.ascx
~/Frontend-Assembly/Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend/Mvc/Views/Designer/DesignerView.Default.aspx
~/Frontend-Assembly/Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend/Mvc/Views/Designer/DesignerView.Default.ascx
~/Frontend-Assembly/Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend/Mvc/Views/Shared/DesignerView.Default.aspx
~/Frontend-Assembly/Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend/Mvc/Views/Shared/DesignerView.Default.ascx
~/Views/Designer/DesignerView.Default.cshtml
~/Views/Designer/DesignerView.Default.vbhtml
~/Views/Shared/DesignerView.Default.cshtml
~/Views/Shared/DesignerView.Default.vbhtml
~/Frontend-Assembly/SitefinityWebApp/Mvc/Views/ArticleGroup/DesignerView.Default.cshtml
~/Frontend-Assembly/SitefinityWebApp/Mvc/Views/ArticleGroup/DesignerView.Default.vbhtml
~/Frontend-Assembly/SitefinityWebApp/Mvc/Views/Shared/DesignerView.Default.cshtml
~/Frontend-Assembly/SitefinityWebApp/Mvc/Views/Shared/DesignerView.Default.vbhtml
~/Frontend-Assembly/Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend/Mvc/Views/Designer/DesignerView.Default.cshtml
~/Frontend-Assembly/Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend/Mvc/Views/Designer/DesignerView.Default.vbhtml
~/Frontend-Assembly/Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend/Mvc/Views/Shared/DesignerView.Default.cshtml
~/Frontend-Assembly/Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend/Mvc/Views/Shared/DesignerView.Default.vbhtml

... this one should have been found ...

~/Frontend-Assembly/SitefinityWebApp/Mvc/Views/ArticleGroup/DesignerView.Default.cshtml

... however there is no /Frontend-Assembly/SitefinityWebApp/ directory - should sitefinity still find the file even though the Mvc folder is in the root of the site?

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Feb-2016 00:00

Hi Michael,

Please refer to the below KB article for more details about this issue and how to resolve it:

www.sitefinity.com/.../feather-cannot-find-view-when-controller-namespace-is-different-than-assemblyname.mvc.controller.controllername

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed