Sql Server upgrade error

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 21:45

Sql Server upgrade error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Feb-2016 00:00

We are upgrading to Sql Server 2014 and have run into an issue with one of our sites (version 7.3.5610.0).  The error is:

No AdoTypeConverter has been registered for the clrType.
Parameter name: clrType
Actual value was Microsoft.SqlServer.Types.SqlGeography.

The code that is failing: 

(manager as IGeoLocationManager).FilterByGeoLocation(stores, userLocation.Latitude, userLocation.Longitude, radius, out geolocations, itemFilter: itemFilter);

I've tried adding a binding redirect (as suggested in one article), but same error.  Not sure where else to go with this.  Everything was working fine with Sql Server 2008 r2.  Any ideas?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2016 00:00

Having the same problem, have you found a solution?

Thanks

Rob

I did get it working, and I think the solution was to upgrade to a newer Sitefinity version.  The reason I say 'I think' is because after upgrading, the error still persisted.  However, I was also seeing other errors (related to the upgrade) so I started working through those errors.  I did not make any specific changes to the GeoLocations code to get it to work.  

Thank you, I had a similar experience. After lots of head scratching and Googling I was able to solve it late yesterday. My problem was Windows Update's  failure to install  a complete SQL Server update.  I downloaded and installed the update manually and it worked.  Bloody Bill (again)!

Many thanks for your post.

This thread is closed