Syncing Production Database with Dev Database after CR (Chan

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 20:11

Syncing Production Database with Dev Database after CR (Change Request)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Feb-2016 00:00

How can I sync my changes made in Development Database with the Production Database after I have added/updated modules, content types, pages & even content blocks using the sitefinity CMS backend on my Developmenet environment.

I believe Sitefinity makes some changes in the database, if I do any of the following operations: adding/updating modules, content types, pages, widgets & even content blocks. How are these changes going to be deployed over on production server, I can overwrite the Live website's code with my Development code, but How am I going to take the DB changes to the production server? I cannot replace the production database with the development database, because I would lose the data added/updated on my production DB during the time of development.

What is the deployment model of a sitefinity website If we talk about the database changes that are incurred when we add/edit/delete modules, content types, pages, widgets & even content on Sitefinity CMS.

Please have a look at my post in this thread for a detailed explanation of my scenario:

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/deployment--/database-deployment-from-development-to-live#HlPHgsE3622pWP8AAERlJg

Thanks & Regards, any help would be appreciated. I would like to know what exactly is the approach to this.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Mar-2016 00:00

Hi Zepp,

I answered you in the other thread: 
http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/deployment--/database-deployment-from-development-to-live#HlPHgsE3622pWP8AAERlJg

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed