Error trying to deploy Sitefinity 9.0.6010.0 to Azure Web Ap

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 22:13

Error trying to deploy Sitefinity 9.0.6010.0 to Azure Web App

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2016 00:00

I have tried deploying to web apps 3 times now - twice with an existing project and once with a fresh install - all with the same result. I get this error when trying to browse to the site for the first time:

"Error trying to resolve Service 'ServiceStack.Redis.IRedisClientsManager' or one of its autowired dependencies (see inner exception for details)."

I am following the documentation here:
docs.sitefinity.com/deploy-projects-to-azure-web-apps

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2016 00:00

Hello Ken,

Please check if the ServiceStack.Redis.dll has been referenced into the project and set Copy Local to True. Check the bin folder of the project for this dll file, if not exist then this can be copied from the Sitefinity _EmptyProject's bin folder.  

Regards,
Arnob Makhlaqur
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2016 00:00

Arnob,

The ServiceStack.Redis.dll has indeed been referenced in the project and the Copy Local property has been set.

As I mentioned above, this is a fresh install of Sitefinity using Project Manager. I have carefully compared the bin folders of the new project and the _EmptyProject bin folder used by project manager. As well as carefully following the provided documentation - several times - without success.

Ken

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2016 00:00

Hi Ken,

To isolate the cause of the issue we need more information on the following points:

1. Are you getting the same error each time?

2. What is the Azure SDK version and Visual Studio version are used?
- You must have installed Azure SDK 2.6 or later or Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 or later.

3. What is the .Net Framework that the project was built on?
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.5+ is required.

4. As you are using Sitefinity 9.0.6010.0, please check for the following dlls and their version inside the bin folder of the hosted project:
ServiceStack.Client.dll  - 4.0.52.0
ServiceStack.Common.dll - 4.0.52.0
ServiceStack.dll - 4.0.52.0
ServiceStack.Interfaces.dll - 4.0.52.0
ServiceStack.Redis.dll - 4.0.0.0
ServiceStack.Text.dll - 4.0.52.0

Also a test can be performed by removing all the dlls from the bin folder of the hosted project and upload all the dlls from the bin folder of the local project with using Azure FTP credentials by a FTP client (e.g. FileZilla) and restart the project.

If after the above test still the issue exist then I would suggest you to submit a support ticket so that we can investigate further on this issue by replicating the issue at our end with a copy of your project and database bak file.

Regards,
Arnob Makhlaqur
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2016 00:00

It turns out that the problem was a malformed connection string for Redis Cache. The connection string acquired through the Azure portal will not work. What is needed is a connection string formatted as described in this knowledge base article:
www.sitefinity.com/.../redis-cache-connectionstring-format

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Nov-2016 00:00

I can't get this to work.

Followed all the steps, but I keep getting these errors:

Error trying to resolve Service 'ServiceStack.Redis.IRedisClientsManager' or one of its autowired dependencies (see inner exception for details).

Load balancing is disabled for your license.

This last message implies I need to have the license for Load Balancing. Is this true, or can I deploy Sitefinity Standard websites to Azure Web Apps with use of Redis?

Any tips or information about this?

Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2017 00:00

Which Table in the database holds the information for the connection string for Redis?

Because once the string is entered incorrectly and you get this error, there is nothing you can do other than migrating the DB again without the Redis configuration.

If you can share which table maybe I can replace the string with the correct one

Thanks

-Lino

This thread is closed