Sitefinity 9 supported Azure SDK version?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 21:24

Sitefinity 9 supported Azure SDK version?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2016 00:00

Hi,

I can't seem to find this information anywhere. What version of the Azure SDK is supported by Sitefinity 9.x? How far away are we from having the majority of the website documentation updated? Everything still seems to be specific to version 8.2, even when you've selected version 9.

Thanks,

Andrew

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2016 00:00

Hello,

The supported version of Azure SDK in Sitefinity 9.0 is 2.6, its the same as in Sitefinity 8.2. I am sending a request to update that documentation for 9.0.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2016 00:00

You must be joking, right? Azure 2.6 is 4 years old? You have documentation for deploying SF as an Azure Web App, which is like Azure 2.8. These things really don't seem to go together at all. If indeed the supported version is 2.6, what the heck am I paying you people for?

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2016 00:00

Hi,

Indeed the documentation for deployment to webapps states that it is possible to use version of Azure SDK later than version 2.6.

You must have installed Azure SDK 2.6 or later or Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 or later.

There must be no problems using a version of Azure SDK larger than 2.6 tough I have to point out at the time of releasing the support for Azure web apps the tested case was using Azure SDK 2.6, we are not ware of any issues with using an upper version of the SDK.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed