Deployed website page group name not same as Live Site group

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 06:32

Deployed website page group name not same as Live Site group name

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jun-2017 00:00

I am using SiteFinityCommunityEdition to develop my website, "indianphilosophicalcongress.in". On my website, I have a group page called 92ndIPC. I have just relabeled it (and the corresponding menu label) as 92ndIPC from 91thIPC. When I view my website using the "Live Site" feature on my local machine, it shows the group page menu label correctly as "92nd IPC". However, when I deploy my website (by doing an SQL database backup on my local machine & then restore it on the deployment server), the group page menu label is not showing correctly. It is still showing the previous label of "91th IPC". 

Further, on each sub-page of the group page, the URL in the Properties tab is showing correctly as "~/92ndIPC/sub-page name.aspx" but on the deployed website, the URL is showing as "indianphilosophicalcongress.in/.../sub-page name.aspx".

I cleared my browser cache, used multiple browsers, checked via my phone, but all show the wrong group label name.

Could you kindly help me fix this? Why isn't the menu label "92nd IPC" getting updated on the deployed site?

I am attaching the snapshots of the website as seen using the "Live Site" option of SiteFinityCommunityEdition on my local machine & also the corresponding page on the deployed website.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jun-2017 00:00

Further experimentation showed the following:

I manually changed the URL in the browser from
indianphilosophicalcongress.in/.../Announcement.aspx
to

I got the error which is attached herewith:
An item with the same key has already been added.jpg

I again manually changed the URL in the browser to:

This time the server accepted the URL and displayed the page as attached:
Deployed Site With Manual Change.jpg