BlogPost change URL issue.

Posted by edgarchiroleo on 19-Mar-2020 14:57

Hi,
I have followed the steps in the article:

https://www.progress.com/documentation/sitefinity-cms/for-developers-change-url-format-for-modules-with-multiple-content-types#manage-the-url-format-through-the- advanced-settings

But the new provider is not registered, when creating a new blog and your posts continue to use the previous provider:

I disable the previous provider by unchecking the Enable checkbox, then the following error appears in the Blogs content window: 

Error parsing the templateError: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Blogs.BlogsManager", name = "OPENACCESSDATAPROVIDER". Exception occurred while: Calling constructor Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Blogs.BlogsManager(System.String providerName). Exception is: MissingProviderConfigurationException - There is no configuration for data provider with the name of "OpenAccessDataProvider" or it is not enabled for "Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Blogs.BlogsManager" manager. Please check the spelling of the name and whether such configuration exists. ----------------------------------------------- At the time of the exception, the container was: Resolving Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Blogs.BlogsManager,OPENACCESSDATAPROVIDER Calling constructor Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Blogs.BlogsManager(System.String providerName)

This I think happens because it still does not take as the default provider, the new one that I create, and keeps looking for the old one that is disabled.
I have already rebuilt the project and still do not take the new provider.
For some reason it does not work, it is possible that I am missing some step or configuration, but I have followed the notes of the article and at least I have complied with all the steps that they mention.
Someone who can guide me with this issue

All Replies

Posted by jread on 23-Mar-2020 21:14

When you removed the "old" one did you set your new one as the default provider? This is done through the multisite management screens.  

• In the top left of the site drop down the sites and go to "manage sites", go to the site you want to adjust providers on.  
  • Click the action menu and configure modules.
  • Check 'change' under this site can use data from
  • Set you custom provider as the default for the site

This thread is closed