Unable to Upload Images

Posted by greg.lindquist@nuorbit.com on 29-Oct-2019 17:18

Hi all, I have an older version of Sitefinity  (7.3.5681) that seems to have one crucial issue. I can't upload an image, or edit the image in the sitefinity admin site. When I get to the page that would normally upload an image, this service call throws a 500:  domain.com/Sitefinity/Services/Workflow/WorkflowService.svc/00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000/?itemType=Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Image&showMoreActions=true&unv_tstmp_prm=1572363316513

The error thrown is "Failed to create a 'Settings' from the text 'Assembly references and imported namespaces serialized as XML namespaces'" on the service endpoint itself. Behind the scenes, the error log dump the exception below. Ultimately, I'm getting that the 'GetWorkflowVisualElementsInternal' call is trying to get an object type, however; the object type name is null, thus the exception is thrown. The question I have is how do I find the true fault point, and resolve this? 

Type : System.ArgumentNullException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Parameter name: name
Source : Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities
Help link :
ParamName : name
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : System.Type GetType(System.String, Boolean, Boolean)
HResult : -2147467261
Stack Trace : at Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.TypeConverters.TypeResolutionService.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
at Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.TypeConverters.TypeResolutionService.GetType(String name)
at Telerik.Sitefinity.Workflow.Services.WorkflowService.GetWorkflowVisualElementsInternal(String itemType, String providerName, String itemId, String itemCulture, Boolean showMoreActions)
at SyncInvokeGetWorkflowVisualElements(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

By the way - I have another domain that does work, and the same call results in this JSON packet. I have no real idea where this is coming from, but knowing that information would help me solve for the domain that's broken:

{"Context":{"CommandToExecute":"","LastApprovalTrackingRecord":null,"NegativeMessage":"","OperationName":"","PositiveMessage":"","Status":""},"Items":[{"ArgumentDialogName":null,"ClosesForm":false,"ContentCommandName":"Upload","CssClass":"sfLinkBtn sfSave","DecisionType":"MainAction","OperationName":"Upload","Ordinal":0,"PersistOnDecision":true,"RunAsUICommand":false,"Title":"Upload and Publish","VisualType":1,"WarningMessage":""},{"ArgumentDialogName":null,"ClosesForm":false,"ContentCommandName":"UploadDraft","CssClass":"sfLinkBtn sfSave","DecisionType":"MainAction","OperationName":"UploadDraft","Ordinal":0,"PersistOnDecision":true,"RunAsUICommand":false,"Title":"Upload and Save as Draft","VisualType":1,"WarningMessage":""},{"ArgumentDialogName":null,"ClosesForm":false,"ContentCommandName":"preview","CssClass":"sfLinkBtn sfPreview","DecisionType":"SecondaryActions","OperationName":"Preview","Ordinal":1,"PersistOnDecision":false,"RunAsUICommand":true,"Title":"Preview","VisualType":1,"WarningMessage":""}],"WorkflowDefinition":{"Title":"Default no-approval-needed workflow"}}

All Replies

This thread is closed