Error When Generating Sitemap

Posted by nrichard on 30-Sep-2019 18:44

Hi all,

I was trying to generate a new sitemap for google console to pick up but received the following error in Sitefinity.

Sitemap generation has failed

Last execution error: You are trying to access PageNode item with id ecd5d6e6-6a1b-6afc-bb06-ff0000829293 that no longer exists. The most probable reason is that it has been deleted by another user. For more details see application error log.

Anyone know how to fix this issue? 

Just a heads up, I am no developer, I'm just a marketing guy looking to help boost our google rankings, but running into issues.

All Replies

Posted by jread on 30-Sep-2019 19:53

When you browse {{YOURDOMAIN}}/sitemap/sitemap.xml do you get that error or is it only coming form the search console? {{YOURDOMAIN}}/sitemap/sitemap.xml is the URL for the sitemap.  Also depending on what version of Sitefinity you have you can configure the sitemap to post to google and bing for you.  You can check your sitemap settings under Adminstration > Sitemap.

www.progress.com/.../sitemap-generator

Posted by nrichard on 03-Oct-2019 18:39

when I go direct I get the error below:

"Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /sitemap/sitemap.xml

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.3429.0"

When I go to generate or schedule a site map to be created in the Admin>Sitemap menu, I receive the first error that I posted originally.

"Sitemap generation has failed

Last execution error: You are trying to access PageNode item with id ecd5d6e6-6a1b-6afc-bb06-ff0000829293 that no longer exists. The most probable reason is that it has been deleted by another user. For more details see application error log."

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.3429.0"

When I go to generate or schedule a site map to be created in the Admin>Sitemap menu, I receive the first error that I posted originally.

Last execution error: You are trying to access PageNode item with id ecd5d6e6-6a1b-6afc-bb06-ff0000829293 that no longer exists. The most probable reason is that it has been deleted by another user. For more details see application error log."

Posted by jread on 08-Oct-2019 12:29

Just to try something can you please empty or review the recycle bin for any pages, if there are pages there and you are ok with it can you clear the recycle bin?  Once you do that or confirm there are no pages there re-run the sitemap generator.

Posted by nrichard on 08-Oct-2019 13:18

No dice on that either :(

Still receiving the same error:

Last execution error: You are trying to access PageNode item with id ecd5d6e6-6a1b-6afc-bb06-ff0000829293 that no longer exists. The most probable reason is that it has been deleted by another user. For more details see application error log.

Posted by nrichard on 08-Oct-2019 13:19

No dice on that either :(

Still receiving the same error:

Posted by jread on 08-Oct-2019 13:22

[mention:2cdfef6c2a5d4c2fb3eb72c1fa3c9fa2:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05] I would suggest opening a support ticket at this point as it probably goes beyond the scope of what we can help you with in this portal.  But as the error reads it appears that a page was deleted some how/where and it can't find it.  Do you modify pages via the API or other ways?

Posted by nrichard on 08-Oct-2019 13:25

I don't believe we do. Before I was hired, my understanding was that all pages were created from within the CMS.

I don't believe we do. Before I was hired, my understanding was that all pages were created from within the CMS.

Posted by jread on 08-Oct-2019 13:39

[mention:2cdfef6c2a5d4c2fb3eb72c1fa3c9fa2:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05] I would suggest opening a support ticket then

Posted by bwilson on 08-Oct-2019 14:31

This is a shot in the dark, but do you have any pages that started life as a regular page and were then changed to a group  page or vice versa? I received a similar error when trying to sync to our production module when I had a page that had gone from a regular page to a group page (no content on the page, just used to group similar pages).

This thread is closed