Widget suddenly not outputting anything

Posted by gauntt@upenn.edu on 05-Jun-2019 14:09

Strange problem I have never seen before. One of my custom MVC widgets is not outputting anything at my live site. When running locally it works fine. I did not change it recently. No error in the console or the log. When I view source it is not outputting anything on the page. I edited the view directly and added some text at the top before any code runs and I do not see that text in the output. Added the widget on a new page as a test and same issue.

This is really weird. I don't know how to troubleshoot this. There is no error showing anywhere.

All Replies

Posted by jread on 05-Jun-2019 14:42

Any recent changes to the environment? IIS upgrade, server upgrade, DB update, Sitefinity upgrade? Try placing the widget on a 'Blank' template and see if the issue persists, if the widget works on a blank templates something from the template aspect is causing it.

Posted by gauntt@upenn.edu on 05-Jun-2019 15:00

Thanks. I just found the problem. This widget pulls all of the contacts and displays them in a table. We have code to format the phone number and we had a new entry with a blank phone number which caused an error on a SUBSTRING call. I have modified the code to catch that and added some additional error trapping.

Thanks for the quick response though.

This thread is closed