Form "Submit" button seems to be ignored

Posted by jfellrath on 27-Feb-2019 15:30

Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue with Sitefinity (11.0) forms. I've created a form and I've put it onto a page via the MVC control. The form itself has all MVC controls. 

What's happening is that the Javascript generated by Sitefinity at run-time is being totally ignored. I click the submit button, and nothing happens. Even when I click the button with no fields filled in (which should cause the validations for required fields to fire, you'd think), I get nothing. The only thing I see in the various browsers' development tools "Console" is a call out to the URL for our Facebook tracking pixel. (I don't think the pixel is the problem, BTW). 

I have no extra Javascript controls, though I do have some inline CSS added on the page in the header. Removing the CSS doesn't resolve the issue, though. 

Does anyone have any ideas where to look to fix this? 

Thanks,
Jamie

All Replies

Posted by jread on 28-Feb-2019 20:54

What type of template are you using? Hybrid or Pure MVC?  Can you try it on a page using the "No template" option and report back what happens?  Are there any errors in the error logs/trace? ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs/

Posted by jfellrath on 28-Feb-2019 21:27

Putting the form on a template-less page worked just fine.  

Unfortunately, we appear not to be tracing such stuff in our environment.

I am thinking that the problem lies with the age of our site. This site was developed around version 8 and while we've upgraded it, that doesn't mean we're using just MVC now. I doubt the upgrade went to such lengths.

Is there any way around this?

Posted by jread on 28-Feb-2019 21:52

Well it appears to be something template based.  Try creating a new template in your resource package and use it for testing and slowly add back all the components to see if it is only "template" issue or a widget on a template.

Posted by gauntt@upenn.edu on 20-May-2019 16:43

View the source code of the final page as rendered. Is your form wrapped in a FORM tag and the entire page has an overall FORM tag. You cannot nest form tags. I had this problem on a hybrid MVC page once.

This thread is closed