SQL Server SqlConnection doesn`t support simultaneous Trans

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:00

SQL Server SqlConnection doesn`t support simultaneous Transactions

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2010 00:00

Hey there,

we are currently using Sitefinity 4 Beta for evaluation purposes and  of course we certainly run into issues. 
One of these issues is an iterating SQL Server Exception. The exception is appearing randomly and doesn`t seem to depent on any logic.

We are currently working with 2 people on the project at the same time.

May the error depend on how many users are working on the project at the same time? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your trouble.

Regards

Chris

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Chris,

We have not seen this issue locally but it is really critical issue if it is a bug. The message “SqlConnection does not support parallel transactions” means that  read operations are mixed on a connection with a running transaction. This occurs when IObjectScope is used with multiple threads which actually we avid and we use “one scope per thread”. You said that exception appears randomly, but I will really appreciate if you can share some more details like

- environment setup
- how many users access the website at the same time
- does the issue occurs only on pages
- what actions you perform to get the error

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi!
At one point I had the same problem. I was editing the same site with a coworker, but on different pages - or one was editing pages or their structure and other was editing template they were based on). This parallel error popped up every now and then (especially if we clicked publish buttons at the same time). Only solution was to reboot IIS if it popped up, which would reset the connections.

The version we used was 992, editing happened with one local user and one remote user and both of us used Chrome as a browser.

Issue was bound to happen if one user clicked publish (for page) and then the other user clicked publish (let's say for it's template, could also have been unrelated template) when the publishing for first user had not yet gone thru (ie the boxes were still moving and user had not been transferred to pages list).

We have not tested if this happens with the RC2 though.

-Lasse

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Chris,

We have already managed to reproduce this issue and it is logged for fixing with high priority.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi I am also facing the same problem with sitefinity 4.0 RC
i.e

SqlConnection does not support parallel transactions

Can you please tell me how to get rid of this exceptions .

Thanks,
Gaurav

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Gaurav,

This problem is fixed in the official release.

Best wishes,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi there

I am again facing the same problem this time i have used the official release of Sitefinity 4.0

Thanks,
Gaurav

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Gaurav,

Can you provide any scenario for reproducing this error?  Thank you for the assistance in advance.

Regards,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi
There is not any special scenario. It comes any time like i was developing control and i tries to log in at sitefinity to Upload it to Toolbox when i hit the URL it shows the error . Most of time this error comes when I tries to go into the backend of sitefinity

Previously I was using RC version then i Updated it into the Official Release but Still it is Showing the same error.

Also I have developed a Sample Application from which i have created user but when I tries to login in application with any user name even with user name 'ADMIN' it shows following message

Someone is already using this username and password from another computer or browser.
To proceed, you need to log him/her off

Please guide me to get rid out of this issue

Thanks,
Gaurav

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you for the additional information.
This issue is reopened, and we are currently investigating what could cause the exception. For the time being we cannot reproduce it locally.
Is it possible for you to send us the stack trace of the error?

Kind regards,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi
I have already send the Snap Shot of the error

Thanks,
Gaurav

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Gaurav,

Unfortunately, we are not able to reproduce this problem. Also we analyzed our code and didn't find any implementation which could potentially cause the error. Maybe it is related to something specific in your database or in your custom code (controls or modules), in case you have.
Can you send us your project so we could investigate it locally? You can do this in a new support ticket.

Best wishes,
Vlad
the Telerik team

This thread is closed