Problems upgrading from 4.0.962 to 4.0.992

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:44

Problems upgrading from 4.0.962 to 4.0.992

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Dec-2010 00:00

I had an existing installation of version 4.0.962 running, with a project created.

Installed 4.0.992 as an upgrade.  Ran the project manager and tried to upgrade my project.  My project became corrupted and unusable.

I deleted the project.

Created a new project, but when I go to the administration, I get the following error (note that I have tried this with a variety of new projects and always get this error now):

Server Error in '/matt1' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /matt1/sitefinity

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Can you investigate this and advise if I have now to totally uninstall Sitefinity and reinstall from scratch? 

I have now unistalled Sitefinity, reinstalled version 4.0.992 and still have the same problem - I can't successfully create a project.

I'll have a go at uninstalling Sitefinity and all Telerik components and see if that helps.

I uninstalled Sitefinity 4.0.992 and all Tererik components on my computer.

Checked the program files folder to make sure there were no stray Sitefinity folders there - no folders found.

Installed Sitefinity 4.0.992 and still have the exact same problem - when I create a project, I can't go to administration - error screen says:

Server Error in '/test_1' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /test_1/sitefinity

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

This is very worrying for a Release Candidate - I'm supposed to be demonstrating Sitefinity to our Managing Director tomorrow morning, but now I can't get it to run.

I now intend to unistall this version and try to install 4.0.962 - can someone from Telerik/Sitefinity respond to this thread?

Matt.

I have now managed to reinstall 4.0.962, which seems to be working.

Has anyone managed to successfully do anything in version 4.0.992 - it doesn't work here.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Matt,

Thank you for using our services.

Is it possible that you have enabled localization for your project and set it to use domain mapping for the cultures? If this is the case please note that when your website is located in a Virtual Directory under a website you also have to include the virtual directory name in the domain mapping. For example if my website is in a VD called SitefinitySite under the default website and I want to localize it using the domains feature I have to use <domainNameForCulture>/SitefinitySite

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi,

No, I haven't done any of that.

I have created all of my projects so far using the file system only.

Matt.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Matt,

This is very strange. We have locally tested upgrading from 962 to 992 and we have not experienced such problems. Would you mind sending us the upgrade project in a support ticket so that we can inspect it locally and try to determine what the issue might be.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Radoslav,

Unfortunately, I no longer have the upgrade project - I deleted everything and managed to install version 962.

I am now working on a new project on 962.

Matt.

This thread is closed