Object Reference issue....GAH!

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:46

Object Reference issue....GAH!

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Dec-2010 00:00

See here: http://screencast.com/t/pEqeEgqhA

Ok, this is a brand new nstall of the latest version on Win7

I have a new project, with a new Server Control project...literally untouched, just referenced in, and a toolbox item created (fyi page 9 of the widget doc is a little outdated)

I can't publish any pages aside from the root templates..and I can't even DELETE any pages, it just throws them into Draft status.

Please help, this is driving me mental right now, I need to get this control done.

I have a usercontrol build in another instance I'm trying to re-work into an assembly

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Dec-2010 00:00

Still getting this after an upgrade to RC2...common....

I cant publish a page

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Dec-2010 00:00

Ok, let me clarify...I can, just not through IIS7 in Win7

...the VS webserver just doesn't cut it...and I can't deploy that anywhere :)

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Steve,

We are having hard time reproducing you screencast. Would you let us know whether you can reproduce this problem with a clean instance of Sitefinity without including your widget? I am also testing the issue under IIS7 and Windows 7 and both Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Thank you for contacting us and I look forward to resolving your issue.

Kind regards,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Yeah, I have my main instance where I was having the issue, so like I mentioned I opened the project manager, created a new one, pointed it at a new Sql 2008 DB, swapped IIS over to that new webroot, and the same thing happened.

I can publish templates perfectly fine, just not pages themselves.

Would my web.config perhaps be of any help?

I also have the latest OpenAccess and Telerik.Web.UI running on my machine...if that might cause issues.

My IIS has AppFabric and the App Warm-up modules active...?

Not sure what else would be different...

Here's another video with firebug up

http://screencast.com/t/kkuPy3NDZq

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Steve,

Having the latest OpenAccess and RadControls for ASP.NET Ajax might be causing the issue. Can you check the references of your project for those two set of libraries? They shouldn't be coming from the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) as we still have to catch up with the upgrade of the OpenAccess. In order to make sure your project runs correctly change all references that are part of your project to point to the Libraries folder that is shipped with the installation.

Please let me know whether this resolves your problem.

Regards,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2011 00:00

Ok, STILL happening...

Complete reinstall of the RC2 MSI with IIS7

Tried in multiple browsers....

Validated the assemblies are not loading from the GAC

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2011 00:00

Could it have something to do with AppFabric being on my IIS perhaps ???

It's failing on
PUT /Sitefinity/Services/Workflow/WorkflowService.svc/MessageWorkflow/8b232eca-622e-474d-9966-c644fc600aca/?itemType=Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageNode&workflowOperation=SaveDraft HTTP/1.1

(or publish)

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2011 00:00

AAAAnnnnd....that's what it was.

Shutting off the AppFabric bits on that specific site fixed the issue

This thread is closed