Uploaded doc tries to use illegal characters in URL

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 02:54

Uploaded doc tries to use illegal characters in URL

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Dec-2010 00:00

I've encountered an issue with the Documents & Files. When I upload a document and then go to edit the title of the document, if I use an valid character (but illegal for a url) like an apostrophe, the system adds this illegal character to the url. However the system automatically turns spaces into dashes so it would only make sense that if I added a character to the title that wasn't URL friendly it would either be converted to a valid character or removed. Otherwise for every title I edit and use a special character I have to also edit the url. This would seem to be an easy fix that could be a big time saver.

Edit: To add to this, if I name a document "Document - How To" the url probably doesn't need to have 3 dashes as it currently creates "document---how-to". I'm not sure if it technically makes a difference to SEO or anything, but visually in the url it looks odd and you have to look really closely to count the dashes should you want to read the actual url.

Cheers,
Phill

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Phill,

This is a bug that I logged with ID 103267. I updated your points.

All the best,
Petya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed