News - No way to remove "Go Comment" from List Vie

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 04:03

News - No way to remove "Go Comment" from List View

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi there,

I've created a couple News items, both of them do NOT have the Allow Comments option checked. I also went into the News Settings option and set "AllowComments" parameter for all news items from the default of True to False.

The problem is that when I drop a News Widget on the page to display a list of News items each item has "Go Comment" link under the item. I have no way of preventing this link from displaying. The link when clicked takes me to the full page view of the news item with no commenting options visible. So it looks like the AllowComments = false setting is used for Single Item view but it's not used for List View.

It would be really great if you could make all the built in templates available to us so that we can work with them to hack in fixes as I honestly have zero confidence the release of SF4 is going to be even close to bug free. Since I'm going to have to hack all kinds of fixes I'd really appreciate it if I could get started on the hacks now...

Regards,
Phill

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Phill Hodgkinson,

A bug is created in order the problem you are reporting to be fixed in next releases.

One temporary workaround is link for comments to be removed from template:

<sf:CommentsBox ID="itemCommentsLink" runat="server" CssClass="sfnewsCommentsCount"/>

Full path to template is: Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Templates.Frontend.News.TitlesDatesListView.ascx.

This is a widget template that can be modified through widget template editor and you can also export it through reflector.

Best wishes,
Milena
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Milena,

Just as an fyi, this issue exists with Events as well. I disable comments on the individual event as well as globally on events and the default list view still show's the "go comment" link. 

Since I don't get paid to test I'd recommend that you test all other list views for content that have the option for enabling and disabling comments.

Regards,
Phill

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Dear,
You can hide comments section in news control/widgets in sitefinity4.x  thru css style . Apply css in  your page and you can hide comment section.

Regards,
Sandeep Gupta

This thread is closed