Insert Image Issues V4.0.922.0

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 00:02

Insert Image Issues V4.0.922.0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello,
 I am having issues when I try and insert images which have already been uploaded. Only a small portion of my image library displays in the dialog box (I have the correct library selected as well as tried All Items). In order to get the image I must search for it, this causes it to load in the dialog box. When I insert it it appears in the edit window. I save and it disappears not even displaying the alt text. I publish and view and no image displays. I clear cache and no image or alt text is there. I go back into the edit window and the image box with a red X and alt text is there. The only way to get around this is to delete the image from my library and insert it again by pulling it from my PC; OR if I am lucky enough that the needed image appears in the small portion of photos in the dialog box and I don't have to find it using the search function it also works. In addition the dialog box itself seems to have glitches as some button(s) are covered by overlap from the image window, allowing only the side of the outside edge of a button to appear and be clicked. I am not sure if there are page navigation options being hidden by the overlap or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a screen shot showing the overlap. I currently have 60 images uploaded,  with only 20 displaying.  I have experienced this in Firefox and IE.
Thanks,
Jason

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Jason M,

I am currently trying to reproduce you problem using the latest official release from yesterday RC 2 build 4.0.1030.0 and it seems that the problem is resolved. I am also using FireFox, could you please upgrade to our latest bits and let me know in case you still have issues with the layout of the image dialog.

Thank you for contacting us and we look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Dec-2010 00:00

Thank you for your response. We have downloaded the latest update. The overlap issue on the screen is no longer happening. The issue of my full library not populating, or options to navigate to other pages with the rest of my photos is still occurring. The issue of images I search for to find in the Insert Image Dialog Box not displaying when I save and publish is also still occurring. The only fix is to upload a duplicate to use or delete the one which is not populating (navigating to Content/Images and deleting there then navigating back to the Page/Edit) and upload a fresh copy. However if that image was used elsewhere in the site it will no longer display in those pages if it was deleted. I am also now experiencing problems when I select one of the photos that luckily does populate in the Insert Image Dialog Box. After publishing these images are not displaying. The only thing I can do is fill my image library with duplicates whenever I need the same shot more then once and not use the option of already uploaded images. 

Would it help if I provided you with our site and database?

Jason 

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Jason M,

Following problems are tracked:

1) Problem with not displaying all images at "Insert Image Dialog Box" is reproduced and fixed. The fix should be available in the official release.

2)  I cannot reproduce the issue with the ImageDialogDesigner . When I choose an Image and click "Save" and "Publish" the image displays correctly on the front end.. Do you use locallization with the website?
After you publish the page can you check the page source and find the image url. Then compare it from the url that is generated when you go to Images and click "Embed this image" ( screenshot attached).

It will be a great help for reproducing the problem if you provide us with your site and database. Thanks in advance!

All the best,
Milena
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed