Errors resulting from upgrading to RC 2

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:51

Errors resulting from upgrading to RC 2

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2010 00:00

I just upgraded a test project to RC 2 and now am receiving two errors that I am having trouble with.  I ran the upgrade and went to load the front-end of the site and received the following:

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Model, Version=4.0.992.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Model, Version=4.0.992.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)]
   SitefinityWebApp.UserControls.AaNav.Page_Init(Object sender, EventArgs e) in <path to my usercontrol here>
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +133
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +421
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1954

I am having trouble finding where it is trying to reference the old version of the Telerik.Sitefinity.Model assembly.

The control it is screaming about simply contains one literal that is set to display contents of a generic content item from code behind.

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="AaNav.ascx.cs"
 Inherits="SitefinityWebApp.UserControls.AaNav" %>

<asp:Literal ID="NavigationLiteral" runat="server" Mode="PassThrough" />

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model;
using Telerik.Sitefinity;

namespace SitefinityWebApp.UserControls
    public partial class AaNav : System.Web.UI.UserControl

public string ItemTitle get; set;

protected void Page_Init(object sender, EventArgs e)

var cntTitle = ItemTitle;

var item = App.WorkWith().ContentItems().Where(itm => itm.Title == cntTitle &&
                            itm.Status == ContentLifecycleStatus.Live).Get().SingleOrDefault();

try

if (item != null)
                    NavigationLiteral.Text = item.Content;

catch (Exception ex)

throw ex;

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

So then I figured I would just try to build the project in VS and found another error which I am guessing is a result of controls being moved to a different namespace, but I am not sure how to fix it.  The build error is:

"The type or namespace name 'JavaScriptEmbedControl' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI' (are you missing an assembly reference?)   O:\<path>\UserControls\AaPortfolio.ascx.designer.cs"

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="AaPortfolio.ascx.cs"
 Inherits="SitefinityWebApp.UserControls.AaPortfolio" %>
 <%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" TagPrefix="sf" %>
 <%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls"%>

<sf:JavaScriptEmbedControl runat="server" ID="jQueryLink" ScriptEmbedPosition="Head" Url="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.4/jquery.min.js"></sf:JavaScriptEmbedControl>
 <sf:JavaScriptEmbedControl runat="server" ID="jQueryLink3" ScriptEmbedPosition="Head" Url="/galleria/galleria.js"></sf:JavaScriptEmbedControl>
 <sf:JavaScriptEmbedControl runat="server" ID="jQueryLink4" ScriptEmbedPosition="Head" Url="/galleria/themes/classic/galleria.classic.js"></sf:JavaScriptEmbedControl>

namespace SitefinityWebApp.UserControls

public partial class AaPortfolio

/// <summary>
        /// jQueryLink control.
        /// </summary>
        /// <remarks>
        /// Auto-generated field.
        /// To modify move field declaration from designer file to code-behind file.
        /// </remarks>
        protected global::Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.JavaScriptEmbedControl jQueryLink;

protected global::Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.JavaScriptEmbedControl is the line it is screaming about in this last error.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2010 00:00

I just commented out my references to the JavaScriptEmbedControl and was able to build successfully.

After the build completed I was able to get the site to come up.  I'll update this if I find my problem.

Update:  I put the same references back in and did a build on the application and it was successful this time.

This thread is closed