Centering Website Issue

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:41

Centering Website Issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello,

I've been having some issues working with the Sitefinity 4.0 template and am hoping someone with a similar experience can help me solve the issue.  When I create the website I am making in Sitefinity, the site is not centered.  When I say not centered, I do not mean the site is left justified or anything like that, I mean the whole page just kind of places itself more towards the right of the page, there is substantially more open space on the left than the right.  Furthermore, when I try to fix the issue (for example, giving it a margin-left code in css), it moves the website, but also moves the administrative part of the website (for example, if I give site a margin-left of 50 pixels), it will push the admin side 50 pixels from the right and obscure buttons, tabs, etc.  I have been editting in the Page template section.  Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Attached is an image showing what I am referring to:

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi brian,

Is there a live link where we can see this page, because looking only at the screnshot is hard to tell you what the problem is. The issue you have is related to the css styles you apply on this page.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Dec-2010 00:00

Ivan,

Certainly, you can view the site as it currently stands at the link below:

http://50.16.221.195/iva/home

Thanks for your help!

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi brian,

You can try these CSS rules in your project:

.sfPublicWrapper
    margin: 0 auto;
    position: relative;
    width: 980px; /*example value*/

This should center the whole website - with equal spaces on the left and the right side.

Kind regards,
Dancho
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed