Hosted server setup "SitefinityStartupTempConnection co

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:34

Hosted server setup "SitefinityStartupTempConnection could not be found"

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Dec-2010 00:00

I'm trying to set up a Sitefinity 4.0 RC2 instance on a shared hosting provider that I have. The code runs in medium trust, but I've verified that it has read/write access to the entire website file system. In the last(?) step of the installation Startup after putting in the admin user details, an error comes up: 

Connection string "SitefinityStartupTempConnection" could not be found in config files.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Eric,

Thank you for using our services.

Medium trust is not fully supported in Sitefinity 4.0 RC yet. Can you please try creating your website locally and setting up its database locally. Then FTP the created website and deploy it using the instructions from this article.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Dec-2010 00:00

After following those instructions, the site started up nicely. But many of the admin pages produce a popup javascript alert that says "error". Oddness follows.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Eric,

You can observe the HttpRequest and HttpResponse with a FireBug or another tool to see the actual reason for the error pop up. As Rado said, we do not support Medium Trust with 4.0 edition, because of the Windows Workflow Foundation (WF) that we use.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed