Problem with layout editor - removing its own float

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:24

Problem with layout editor - removing its own float

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi,

I'm either doing something wrong, or I found a bug with the new layout editor in RC2 (which I think is terrific by the way).

Let me try to describe the best I can what's going on.

1. In top content place holder I dragged over the 67-33 layout.  I then used the little slider to change the percentage to 72-28.
2. I added Content Blocks to both of those areas, added my content and all is good.
3. In the second content place holder I did the same thing but I used the 50-50 layout and left it that way, published and all is good.
4. Then I realized that I needed more space between those two new content areas so I went into the layout editor and added right space to one, and then left space to the other.
5. When I published, the 28% block from above has dropped down into my new area.

After several attempts to fix and reverting back to previous version and trying again, here's what I have found using Firefox Web Developer Tools.  Before I attempt to edit the the bottom two blocks in the layout editor, the 28% block above has a class of ".sf_2cols_2_33" and this has the following styles applied to it: "floatright;  margin0; width33%;"

As soon as I touch the layout of the bottom content areas and publish, the float: right is being removed from that 28% block.  This edit really shouldn't be affecting the content area above it like this.

Can somebody please take a look at this?  If more detail is needed I'd be happy to provide it.

Thanks!
Orion

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Orion,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

I have managed to reproduce the problem and has logged this as a bug (#103602).

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed