Publish publishes all languages

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:05

Publish publishes all languages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Dec-2010 00:00

I hope this is not true

Created a page in german and one in english

Sent for approval

Looked at german page and publish -> english was publish as well without ever looking at it.

Markus

I think I was wrong and it works as expected!

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Dec-2010 00:00

Hello Markus Berchtold,

Thank you for using our services.

Unfortunately i am not able to replicate the issue. Bellow are the steps I took to test this

1) Create two language versions of the same page and send it for approval.
2) In the first language I approve the page and publish it.
3) From the Pages screen change the language to see if the other version is published - page is still waiting for approval.

I have tested this behavior both with synchronized pages and with pages that are not synchronized.

Can you pleas give us a complete set of steps which reproduces the problem on your side.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,
I'm facing this same problem.
I have synchronized pages in EN/FR. I'm not using any workflow for approval.
When I add and edit a content block in FR and then I publish the page, I would expect three things:
1. The FR page actually published with the new content block. This works fine.
2. The exact content block copied in the EN page (as they are synchronized). This works fine.
3. The EN page in draft mode (not published) because I didn't yet edited its new content. But I'm getting this page published too. 

I'm using SF 4.2 SP1.
Is this a bug or is an intended behavior ? How do I use localization in this case ?

Thanks,
John

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello John,

I was not able to reproduce it following the steps create a page in english save it as draft, add french translation(synchronized) to the english page andplace content block into it. Publish the french page, but the english page remained draft. I have tested with 4.2.1733 and with 4.4.2117.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jan-2012 00:00

Hey Stanislav,

To reproduce it, try the following:
1. Create an EN page, add a content block and publish it.
2. Create a NL page, synced from EN and publish it.
3. Edit the EN page, add a content block and save as draft.
4. Edit the NL page, add a content block and publish.

Now if you look at the front-end of the website, you'll see both the Dutch and the English page have the same content (the Dutch content).

On the Page Overview in Dutch you'll see the page as 'published'. On the English overview you'll see the page listed as 'Draft (newer than published)'.

This is actually also not correct because when editing the Dutch page in step 4, you took the draft content from EN, added some new and than published it. So even if the behavior than @John mentioned is by design, the page should at least be listed as 'Draft (older than published)'.

I've tested and reproduced it on SF v4.4.2117 with EN Primary / NL Secondary as languages.

Jochem.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

I got it now, thank you. When in all steps a widget is added and it is especially a content block it will have the same content as it was added in one page version. For example add a content block in NL page with text "Test" the same content block will be added to the english page with the same text because the pages are synced. Edititng the text in english page will not change the text in NL page since the widget is already added and no text is copied over to another language versions.

The text is copied the first time because on save (either publish or save draft) all widget properties are send to synced pages.
I think this was causing a confusion here.

To test at your end take steps 1-4 and add a second content block to the english page, enter some text in it and save as draft. You will see the same content block when editing the NL page with the same text because of the behaviour explained above, but in the frontend of the NL page you will not see the new text unless NL page is published. This is beacause the new content block is sets is status to Vissible only on publish. 

This is specific to content block widgets other content widgets(news, blogs) don`t behave this way.

Let me know if I have missed a point or misunderstood.

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jan-2012 00:00

Hey Stanislav,

So you're saying, by design, content blocks behave independent of pages correct?
Looks like that's what was bugging John and Markus... 

I'll leave the design vs bug debate up to them :) and thanks for your time!

Jochem.

This thread is closed