Content - Generic Content Delete BrowseEdit

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:50

Content - Generic Content Delete BrowseEdit

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Dec-2010 00:00

When you ahve a generic content list and are in browse edit mode you can delete an Generic Content item.

This will not delete it form the page but from the Content - Generic Content as well.

I would not have expected this.

This could be a common mistake.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Dec-2010 00:00

Hi Markus Berchtold,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

This is the expected behavior when deleting items from the generic content list. This is the same as with news, blogs and events. If you delete a news item from the list it will be deleted from the system.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Would the same behavior be possible in the backen?

I don't thing so - so even if it inteded it is not expected by the user. You might just want to delete the generic content list.

Well I predict that people will delete stuff they dont want to delet but just not show on the page.

Markus

Hello Markus Berchtold,

Please note that editing the content list is not editing the page but editing content from the module. What would happen if you go to Content -> Generic Content and delete an item? The browse and edit feature is intended to work in the same way.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed