"Advanced: Name for developers" does not persist f

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:28

"Advanced: Name for developers" does not persist for Forms

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2011 00:00

I am trying to change the "Advanced: Name for developers" section for widgets I add to my Form. However, when editing the form widget again, I go to the "Advanced: Name for developers" section and it has no value anymore even though I published before.

This leaves 2 columns in the database for a single widget: one that is the name I specified, and the one it defaults the name to. It never uses my new column name with form submissions.

It seems as though it used my custom name to create the database column during publishing the form, but after that it forgets my specified name and uses a default naming scheme.

Screenshot attached...

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi bemara57,

It is a bug that we logged for fixing with ID -103379. It was reported to us several weeks ago. The current status of the issue is "Not Done" and it will not be fixed till the end of the week. I will try to escalate the bug and get it fixed for the official release.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jan-2011 00:00

Thanks, I will pay more attention to the bug list (I could not see "Sitefinity" in the PITS link in your signature though).

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello bemara57,

Thank you for getting back to me. The problem is that Sitefinity is not in the PITS and at this stage is hard to search for a bug and its status. Adding Sitefinity in PITS is in our web team TODO list so I hope that we will see it shortly.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed