Contet Widget + Image dissapear after publish

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:05

Contet Widget + Image dissapear after publish

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2011 00:00

This is an odd one, not that any of them are not!

1.) Drop a content widget
2.) click the insert image icon in the content widget toolbar
3.) select from an already uploaded one and select to resize the image.  I am not sure that it matters what size option so just pick one or add your own.
4.) once you see the image in the content widget then right click on the image and click properties from the context menu.
5.) In the image properties set the image alignment to anything but the default "X".
6.) Click "ok" and then "save" on the remaining dialogs so that you are back to the page editor.
7.)  Now click publish and then go back to the page.  The content widget is no longer there and you see the generic widget drop zone.

Now try again by just doing steps 1-3 and publish.  Come back and it should still be there with the image.  Now finish steps 4-7 and it should still be there with any new changes you made.

I am not sure which part of this work process actually triggers this to happen, but I will keep playing around and let you know.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Stacey,

Have you made any changes to the layout before adding the content widget?

There is a known issue where Layout elements created with the layout designer will not save the content until:

• The page is published
  • Save as a draft, click on back to pages, and navigate to your page from the Pages screen.

Note: This issue should be fixed for the official release scheduled in the middle of January 2011.

Best wishes,
Sonya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed