RadEditor Hyperlink with selected text.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:10

RadEditor Hyperlink with selected text.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jan-2011 00:00

I tried looking through the forums and the only thing I could find was from old 3x posts where this was an occurrence.  I run into this issue with both Firefox 3.6.13 and IE 8.

Let's say I have a block of text and I select just one word from it and click the insert link button.  I select my link and click to finish.  The entire block of text is turned into the hyperlink instead of the text that was highlighted when clicking the insert hyperlink button.

If I do not have text and just click the button I see that I have the option to type what text should appear for the link.  If I put my cursor somewhere in the whitespace of a block of text (not selecting anything) and click the button I will not see this option.

From what I can tell there is no way to insert a link when a block of text has already been written and you only want a few select words to be linked.  I could edit this in HTML source to get the result I want, but my clients will not know how to do this.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Stacey,

I am not able to replicate this issue with IE 8. I prepared short video for you using RC2. Please let me know if I am missing something here.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks for the reply and the video.  There is still some issue at hand.  I was using a custom template for my pages, but for fun I went ahead and used a default one as you did in your video and I am still able to reproduce the problem.

It seems the trigger on this behavior stems from occurrences of the span tag in content.  I looked at the paragraphs that were causing problems and found that if I removed a span tag that it worked as intended.

I am attaching screenshots to show what I have been seeing.  The screenshots were from a page using a default template and only one line of text that was surrounded by a span tag.  I highlighted the word "employees" and then clicked the link icon.  I do not get the option that shows the text to display.  If I remove the span tag suddenly everything is happy.

I have an swf that I did in Jing that I can send you if you let me know how to do that.

Hi Stacey,

I managed to replicate the issue, but my not the entire text is wrapped in <a> tags. I will log the issue as a bug and I would appreciate if you could send a link to Jing which also illustrates the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Here is a link to the video.
Video Walkthrough

This thread is closed