Home page url 'Home.aspx' is not allowed?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:34

Home page url 'Home.aspx' is not allowed?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2011 00:00

I created a home page named Home that I want to use in conjunction with a number of existing static HTML pages that contain links such as "<a href='/home.aspx'>".

I cannot change the Home page url in the page editor from 'home' to 'home.aspx' because it complains that the url contains invalid characters (the dot, I presume). So, all my existing links to Home.aspx are broken.

Interestingly, I can use the Page API to create my home page with a url "Home.aspx" and this appears to work.
I can navigate to the Home.aspx page, and I can add controls via the CMS page editor. However, if I subsequently attempt to edit the Home page properties in the CMS Page editor (like add keywords or change the HTML title for the page), I get the same validation error when attempting to save my change.

It seems to me that "Home.aspx" should be a permitted url for a home page.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Rick,

We use extensionless urls and the urls re routed and rewritten. Currently you cannot use .aspx extension and you will get 404 error. This is something that we will work on after the official release scheduled at the end of this week.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed