Bug:Could not find the sitemap node with URL

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 02:45

Bug:Could not find the sitemap node with URL

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi, I'm using Version: 3 .7 SP4 net 4.0, when I created a new page and tried to set up master template and theme, I got the error:
Could not find the sitemap node with URL
I thought it only happened on sitefinity 3.7 net 4.0, so I downgraded to net3.7, but I'm getting the same error here.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,

Hi li,

I am not able to replicate issues with the build for .NET 4.0. Can you replicate the issue on our demo website.
Can you past the entire stack trace of the error you are getting?

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Server Error in '/Sitefinity_3_7_2136_community_NET40_BlankProject' Application.

Could not find the sitemap node with URL '/sitefinity_3_7_2136_community_net40_blankproject/1.aspx'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Could not find the sitemap node with URL '/sitefinity_3_7_2136_community_net40_blankproject/1.aspx'.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentException: Could not find the sitemap node with URL '/sitefinity_3_7_2136_community_net40_blankproject/1.aspx'.]
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.SiteMapDataSource.GetNodes() +1834606
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.SiteMapDataSource.GetTreeView(String viewPath) +35
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.SiteMapDataSource.GetHierarchicalView(String viewPath) +32
   System.Web.UI.HierarchicalDataSourceControl.System.Web.UI.IHierarchicalDataSource.GetHierarchicalView(String viewPath) +10
   Telerik.Web.UI.DecoratingDataSource.System.Web.UI.IHierarchicalDataSource.GetHierarchicalView(String viewPath) +13
   Telerik.Web.UI.HierarchicalControlItemContainer.GetHierarchyData(IEnumerable data) +71
   Telerik.Web.UI.HierarchicalControlItemContainer.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable data) +260
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.OnDataSourceViewSelectCallback(IEnumerable data) +128
   System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +33
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +143
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +74
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() +66
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadPanelBar.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +32
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +103
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +175
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2496

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Thank you very much.

Hello li,

You have a RadPanelBar control on a page which is bound to SiteMapDataSource control.Sowehow you have a reference to this strange link sitefinity_3_7_2136_community_net40_blankproject/1.aspx'

Please check whether you have a page with this name in the SiteMap.This link cannot be create from the page editor, because it is not possible to have special characters, spaces etc when you create a page.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2011 00:00

I am having a similar problem.  I have checked for location of the sitemap file, spelling??
I have included the stack trace.  Thanks for any assistance with this.  

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not find the sitemap node with URL '~/ZokiaResourceList.aspx'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Could not find the sitemap node with URL '~/ZokiaResourceList.aspx'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Could not find the sitemap node with URL '~/ZokiaResourceList.aspx'.]
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.SiteMapDataSource.GetNodes() +1834606
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.SiteMapDataSource.GetTreeView(String viewPath) +35
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.SiteMapDataSource.GetHierarchicalView(String viewPath) +32
   System.Web.UI.HierarchicalDataSourceControl.System.Web.UI.IHierarchicalDataSource.GetHierarchicalView(String viewPath) +10
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.HierarchicalDataBoundControl.GetData(String viewPath) +25
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Menu.DataBindItem(MenuItem item) +54
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Menu.PerformDataBinding() +137
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.HierarchicalDataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +99
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +74
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Menu.DataBind() +4
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() +66
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Menu.EnsureDataBound() +40
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Menu.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +31
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +103
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2496

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

Is this control used in Sitefinity 4.0? By default we use extensionless url

/ZokiaResourceList.asxpx

Also I don't see which control you use. There is no information in the call stack. Can you give us the steps you follow to replicate this issue?

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2012 00:00

I am getting a similar sitemap error in a particular situation:

I get the error duplicating a top-level page. When I select a top-level page, hit "Duplicate page", and hit "Save changes" on the properties tab, I then receive an error (the url is /FAQS_copy1.aspx?cmspagemode=edit):

Could not find the sitemap node with URL '~/FAQS_copy1.aspx'.

Duplicating a subpage is fine; only duplicating a top-level page generates the error. A similar error occurs if I create a new top-level page: I hit "Create a page", then "Create this page", then if I select a template without first hitting "Publish", I get a similar error.

Any suggestions would be appreciated--thank you. The site is using Sitefinity 3.7.2096.2:1.

The full stack trace is:

[ArgumentException: Could not find the sitemap node with URL '~/FAQS_copy1.aspx'.]
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.SiteMapDataSource.GetNodes() +695
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.SiteMapDataSource.GetPathNodeCollection(String viewPath) +39
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.SiteMapDataSource.GetView(String viewName) +38
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.SiteMapDataSource.System.Web.UI.IDataSource.GetView(String viewName) +10
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.ConnectToDataSourceView() +254
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +19
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +52
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141
   System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +497
   System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) +151
   Telerik.Cms.Web.UI.ZoneDesigner.CreateChildControls() +499
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +97
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +53
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +180
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3874

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2012 00:00

This thread is closed