OpenAccess Specific Version?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:14

OpenAccess Specific Version?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi guys,

Please tell me that at release, that we aren't going to be locked into a specific version of OpenAccess?  This is not an acceptable solution.  There are changes in the most recent builds of OpenAccess that pertain to specific issues I've had in the past.

I'm not quite sure how recent the build in Sitefinity is.  I know it's referred too as a "Special Build", but what that means, and how recent it is could literally make Sitefinity 4.0 unusable for people that already use OpenAccess in their projects, and using a newer build than what Sitefinity 4.0 has.

I'm hoping I'm just over-reacting, and I'm reading the bit's and pieces I've seen, incorrectly.

Thanks, Greg

I'm in the same boat here...the latest OA release fixes two rather LARGE issues (like the inability to properly handle compound primary keys)

What is it that you're doing custom that can't let us put in the latest version with some assembly binding?

Hi Greg,

We use specific version of Open Access  - 2010.2.1013 which is a custom build. If you have custom modules  you need to reference Open Access shipped with Sitefinity, otherwise some problems might appear and you might not be able to process compiled assemblies to add  persistence capability.
After the official release we will update the OA version and try to synchronize it with the OA regular builds.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2011 00:00

I don't mind using the custom build but is there a way for us to get design time support?

I want to create persistant objects from the tables defined in the database. How can I do that ?

If I use the current version of OA, then it conflicts with the version used by Sitefinity...

Thank you....

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello,

We will supply an internal build by the end of this week that is build with the latest offically relased(current) version of OpenAccess. (2010.3.1125.1).

Furthermore, we can give you the full install of the old version if it will help for your development.

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Can you instead release it with the current INTERNAL build of OA?

The released one is severly gimped with multiple PKs, Shared Scope HttpContext multithreading issue (can bring down all of IIS)

Hi Steve,

I'll see what we can do about this. Thanks for the suggestion.

Kind regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2011 00:00

Please please try and use that internal...this is how bad it is:
1) Use a PerRequest shared Scope as per the documentation
2) Something happens, maybe the app pool resets, or some multithreaded event occurs (I'm not sure what, Jan was able to reproduce it though)
3) The site instantly starts throwing exceptions, not even a second of Loading...
4) Rebooting the app pool doesn't fix it, the only way to rectify the situation is to reset the IIS Service which of course resets ALL of the sites.

Also,
The designer in the official release is totally incapable of mapping tables with multiple PKs...or at least out complex schema.

Both of these are fixed in the internal release though.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

We've released with the Q3 official. I think you should be able to upgrade the OA internal build from this version though.

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Georgi,

Thanks for getting me the 2010.2.1013 build.  That helped me move forward, however, Based on your latest post, I don't see where you guys have released anything new yet (above the 1125 internal build).  Perhaps something got delayed?

Thanks, Greg

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Greg,

The latest internal build of Sitefinity -4.0.1133, internal build version 1133 includes Open Access version 2010.3.1125

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2011 00:00

Sorry Georgi, I misunderstood.  I thought you were releasing an update to OA.  Instead, you released an update to Sitefinity utilizing the 1125 build.

For clarification purposes, this will still be a problem on future builds of OA.  Hopefully future builds to OA will have all the Sitefinity 4.0 hooks, so we don't have to wait for a Sitefinity update.  This is only problem because OA is evolving so quickly.

Thanks, Greg

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Greg Figueroa,

We are doing some major things with the OA, and the results should be seen in Q1. Then I believe, you will not have problems with the future updates.

Kind regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

This thread is closed