Error in configuration when clicking on "Pages"

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:48

Error in configuration when clicking on "Pages"

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2011 00:00

I've been using the Release Candidate with little to no issues for awhile. I just upgraded to the official release and got it all installed. After installing, I created a few users, a blog, and then attempted to click on the "Pages" link in the nav to add a new page and this is the error I received:

Could not load type 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SitefinityAtompubModule' from assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity'. (C:\Program Files\Telerik\Sitefinity 4.0\Projects\Design\web.config line 98)

Line 96:       <add name="RadUploadModule" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule, Telerik.Web.UI"/>
Line 97:       <add name="SitefinityAnalyticsModule" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.DependencyResolution.Module.DependencyRegistrarHttpModule, Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.DependencyResolution"/>
Line 98:       <add name="SitefinityAtompubModule" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SitefinityAtompubModule, Telerik.Sitefinity" />
Line 99:     </httpModules>
Line 100:  </system.web>

Any idea what the issue might be here? Again, this is using the official Sitefinity 4 release.

Thanks

Hello Conrad Ehinger,

This line in the web.config has been added between the RC2 version and Sitefinity 4.0 official release. Can you please make sure that the version of the Telerik.Sitefinity assembly in your bin folder is 4.0.1098?

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hmm... Oddly my version for that reference is 4.0.1030.0

I went through the update process that was prompted when I ran the installer. Did this just get missed? Should I reinstall?

Hi Conrad Ehinger,

Please create a new project with the Project Manager. Then go to the _EmptyProject folder located in the path of the project manager and get the assemblies from the bin folder and add them to your bin folder. Then make sure that if you have custom projects referencing our assemblies you fix the references so that they point to the newer assemblies. Sometimes if you have added references to third party projects, and they reference older Telerik Assemblies, when you build those projects they will replace the correct Telerik assemblies with the older ones.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

That didn't work :/

I replaced all of the dlls with those from the new example project I created. They still used the 4.0.1030.0 version instead of the new version. I even tried removing the reference and readding it. Any other ideas?

Okay I have it working now and it updates to the newest version of the assembly. The only problem is that every time I rebuild the solution (for updated with my custom control i'm working on) the assemblies get reset to the older version...

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Conrad,

Most probably you have a reference somewhere to the other version. Most probably there is  set "Auto Update" in Visual Studio. You could refer to this post Visual Studio Stop Auto Update on References

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed